We are currently looking to recruit a Management Accountant to join our finance team, the role is well suited to either a part qualified accountant or an experienced individual looking for a new challenge on a part-time basis.
As Management Accountant you will play an active role within a busy finance team reporting to the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager.
What will you do as Management Accountant at Outplay?
No two days are the same in our fast pace, rapid-growth, creative company! The key aspects of the role are:
- Assistance with the timely preparation of monthly reconciliations, management and consolidated accounts
- Preparation of monthly budget review files enabling discussions to identify cost-saving opportunities
- Assisting in the management of the year-end Audit process
- Assisting in the monthly payroll process.
- Assist in preparation of annual HMRC returns and Corporation Tax computations
- VAT and external reporting review and submission
- Active involvement in monitoring performance v budget & variance reporting
- Assistance with Board reporting of Group financial performance, including commercially focused analysis and commentary
- Working within a small finance team, supporting development and ensuring reporting deadlines are met
- Contribute ideas, solutions and energy across all of the areas of output for Outplay
- Operate in an agile manner, confidently managing regular tasks as well as bespoke projects.
- Part Qualified accountant – ACCA, CIMA, CA or similar
- Commercially focused, coupled with a genuine interest and understanding of Outplay’s products and market sector;
- Motivated by a high-growth, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent communication and time management skills;
- Driven by the highest standards of accuracy;
- Driven, highly organised individual with experience of working autonomously
- Excellent excel skills & the ability to use charts and tables to aid communication of management information;
- Analytical & commercially minded;
- Able to deliver insightful analysis and reporting of trends and key performance indicators;
- Excellent working knowledge of Sage or other accounting software packages;
- Proactive and flexible approach; self-motivated to effect change
- Agile and able to multi-task
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 160 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice, won TIGA awards and received a BAFTA nomination.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team has developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. Gordon Ramsay’s Chef Blast and Mystery Match Village are the latest titles in the portfolio, continuing to deliver the high-quality visuals, production values and casual yet engaging gameplay that Outplay is known for.
With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games, Outplay is just getting started.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
We have a flexible hybrid work model at Outplay, prioritising flexibility, inclusion, health and enjoyment. With our work model, our roles can be fulfilled with the flexibility to choose to relocate to work fully onsite in Dundee or in a hybrid mode, either locally or from anywhere in the UK or European work locations.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.