At Outplay, we have a fantastic opportunity within our marketing team for enthusiastic marketing professionals with a passion for gaming and entertainment/lifestyle products to join the brand and product marketing team and work across our mobile game portfolio. With the chance to work on both Outplay-owned IP but also licensed titles working with other internationally known brands, this is an exciting time to be a part of the hugely successful and constantly growing industry of mobile gaming.
As Junior Marketing Manager, the ideal candidate will bring two years of cross channel marketing experience, a love of the entertainment and gaming industry, and an enthusiastic team-player spirit to the well-established, friendly, collaborative Marketing team at Outplay.
The Junior Marketing Manager will work within the Brand team and assist with all brand and organic marketing/communication activities around the title(s) assigned, supporting the creation of marketing & communication plans, target audiences, and messaging for these audiences. By building a good knowledge of the games and the marketing strategies, the JPMM will support the Senior Brand Manager and Product Marketing Managers in the coordination of all marketing initiatives.
The JMM will need to work with the other members of the performance marketing team, the marketing art team, the game development stakeholders, external agencies, and potentially third-party licensing partners.
The position requires the JMM to put commitment and interest in their products to understand the games, the game activities, and the players to make the best out of the game activities and wrap up attractive marketing storytelling & strong communication to affect organic acquisition, retention & monetisation.
- Branding: Assist with and learn core branding documents of Outplay games and ensure alignment with the brand pillars across in-game content and marketing communication copy, tone, and assets for consistency through the player funnel.
- Marketing documentation: Assist with the creation of marketing & communication plans, soft launch & launch marketing plans & timelines, competitors/market & audience analysis.
- Live game content marketing planning: Assist in ideation and planning around marketing-specific in-game content such as new features, events, and sales.
- Live game content marketing coordination: Work regularly with Marketing Art, Performance Marketing, ASO, and Player Support to meet the required delivery deadlines for marketing promotion during the title lifecycle (from soft launch to post-launch activities). Some of these coordinated tasks are but are not limited to, creative briefing, in-game promotional copy and visual assets, new store assets and copy, social content, cross-promotion, PR, etc.
- Key member of the marketing team: Collaborate with game dev teams. This involves participating in stand-ups, feature/event design discussions, sales, calendar planning, user experience improvement initiatives, social and community-focused content, etc.
- Community Growth: Assist with planning / executing social campaigns to grow and engage social communities around key marketing activities.
- Work with external partners: Assist with management of external partners (agencies, 3rd party brands, etc) to ensure delivery of high-quality campaign work on deadline.
- Experience: Relevant experience in a Marketing Executive role (or similar).
- Communication: Good communication skills, ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organization & Collaboration: A structured and thoughtful approach to how to enhance in-game content through collaborating across different departments, and delivering results in a timely manner, while always being sensitive to each team’s processes, priorities, bandwidth, backlog, and lead times.
- Games Marketing Knowledge: An understanding of cross-channel marketing, and the mobile games industry, as well as lifestyle/entertainment product marketing.
- Player Lifecycle: Some understanding of player lifecycle from discoverability/awareness, click, install conversion, engagement, monetization, loyalty, and evangelism.
- KPIs: Understanding of core game and business KPIs and how they impact each other, as well as being comfortable working with analytics teams to produce, understand and utilise data-driven reports and insights.
- Open-Minded and Innovative: Be comfortable collecting information and feedback from across the business, come up with or identify innovative ideas, and convert thoughts into actions in a structured manner.
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 160 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice, won TIGA awards and received a BAFTA nomination.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team has developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. Gordon Ramsay’s Chef Blast and Mystery Match Village are the latest titles in the portfolio, continuing to deliver the high-quality visuals, production values and casual yet engaging gameplay that Outplay is known for.
With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games, Outplay is just getting started.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
We have a flexible hybrid work model at Outplay, prioritising flexibility, inclusion, health and enjoyment. With our work model, our roles can be fulfilled with the flexibility to choose to relocate to work fully onsite in Dundee or in a hybrid mode, either locally or from anywhere in the UK or European work locations.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.