We are Producers. We own the plan to deliver a product, and we lead our team towards its successful execution. We manage our team, communicate effectively, and channel pressure into productivity.We report to a senior manager who will coach, mentor and prioritise our areas of focus.
It's not just about what you can do; It's how you go about it
- We can do it!
- Can we do more?
- Can we do it faster?
- Can we do it better?
- Can we do it more efficiently?
- Organised and reliable
- Problem solver
- Can do attitude
- Direct and realistic
- Diplomatic and motivating
- Calm under pressure
- Challenges assumptions and the status quo
- Confident decision maker
- Strong sense of FUN
- Wants to say ‘yes’, but knows when to say ‘no’
- Manages team, project and game – leveraging a range of tools and techniques
- Evaluates risks and opportunities with impact analysis, mitigations and contingencies
- Chairs meetings to ensure they always have tangible, productive and well communicated output (e.g. summary of decisions and tracked actions)
- Maintains the product roadmap and manages change
- Ensures required methods & processes are being adhered to effectively
- Identifies & owns improvement opportunities (e.g. owning specific Ops Issues)
- Maintains clear and reliable product status reporting
- Engages in a regular review process with Key Stakeholders to manage product scope and quality
Release Management & Live Ops
- Manages their game on all platforms without supervision
- Communicates to stakeholders new releases and announces those in Teams
- Oversees Sales & Events in consultation with key stakeholders
- Monitors live health of the products directly via analytics platforms; identifying strengths, weaknesses and growth opportunities
- Facilitates mentoring, training and development of the team
- Enables smooth onboarding for new team members
- Mentors Assistant/Associate Producer(s)
- Can prioritise based on business value
- Quick to identify, communicate and troubleshoot problems
- Draws upon experience, good practices and common sense to assist decision making
- Works autonomously with minimal supervision
- Empowers and drives the team, promoting a positive and productive development culture
- Confidently delivers compelling & appropriate updates to the company & stakeholders
- Provides constructive feedback while also advocating for their team(s)
- Applies a strong worth ethic
- Pushes themselves and their teams to be better tomorrow than they are today
- Proactively identifies gaps in personal knowledge and takes positive steps to fill them
- Has a broad understanding of project and product management techniques
- Has a mastery of the App Stores and the developer consoles
- Understands pipelines and processes both inside and outside the team
- Up-to-date understanding of the mobile F2P market and GaaS in general
- Solid knowledge of all components to developing, releasing and maintaining a product
- Always accessible and approachable
- Has the tough conversations whenever necessary
- Proactively communicates with every business function in a professional and direct manner, ensuring all product needs are met
- Establishes business relationships with external services (e.g. partners and providers)
- Confidently gives presentations as necessary
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 160 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice, won TIGA awards and received a BAFTA nomination.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team has developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. Gordon Ramsay’s Chef Blast and Mystery Match Village are the latest titles in the portfolio, continuing to deliver the high-quality visuals, production values and casual yet engaging gameplay that Outplay is known for.
With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games, Outplay is just getting started.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
We have a flexible hybrid work model at Outplay, prioritising flexibility, inclusion, health and enjoyment. With our work model, our roles can be fulfilled with the flexibility to choose to relocate to work fully onsite in Dundee or in a hybrid mode, either locally or from anywhere in the UK or European work locations.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.