At Outplay, we have a fantastic opportunity within our growth team for an Ad Monetisation Manager to drive revenue growth and enhance player experience and engagement through in game adverts across our large mobile game portfolio.
In this role you will define and execute ad strategies for all of our games working closely with the Head of Growth Marketing, and collaborating with other teams including Games Development, Live Operations, and Analytics as well as external partners to support our advertising strategy in our games, while striking a healthy balance between ad revenue & gamer experience.
We are looking for a driven, commercially minded individual who is motivated to make a standout impact in growing this important part of Outplay’s business.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with all our internal teams: Providing innovative recommendations and optimizations on ad placement and new ad format adoptions.
- Advertisement operation management: Monitor, report and optimise our advertising revenues across our Portfolio.
- Ad performance strategy & price setting: drive ad monetisation strategy per game, work with LiveOps and the game development & design teams to ensure in game adverts provide the best player experience and strong revenues. Work with partners and analyse data to price advertising inventory for best results.
- Advertisement revenue growth: work closely with internal resources and external partners to grow the advertisement revenues over time via A/B testing of alternative strategies and approaches for different player segments.
- Ad network relationship and performance improvements: Build relationships with external advertising networks and media companies to identify opportunities to grow revenue from advertising in Outplay's games - ad formats, placements, performance, etc.
- Ad monetisation expertise: Share market trends, best practices & insights across teams (Marketing, LiveOps and Game Development).
- Advertisement technical knowledge: Maintain necessary technical knowledge to understand full campaign delivery process, enabling accurate and proficient creative QA, and troubleshooting of all campaigns.
- Ad Monetisation experience: At least 2 years working at an Ad Network or mobile app business in an Account Management Role, an ad trafficker role or a similar Ad Monetisation management position.
- Ad Monetisation Strategy Expertise: Knowledge of different ad formats and ad monetisation strategies & optimisations.
- Analytical skills & understanding of ad serving tech: Planning, setup, A/B test and optimisation of ad placements requires analytical and technical ability.
- Excellent Communication Skills: The position requires close collaboration with colleagues across other teams such as Developers, Analysts, Marketers, Finance, as well as management of external partner relationships. Confident and clear communication is important.
- Commercial Mindset: To be successful at this role, it asks for a strong commercial mindset – externally by creating, building and sustaining healthy relationships with our partners and internally by being proactive, confident & enthusiastic - thriving on going the extra mile every day.
- Pragmatic problem-solver, data-centric & attention to detail: Outplay needs someone who is motivated to look for opportunities and solve problems and dive into data to produce accurate insights which will support the ad monetisation strategy
- Friendly and Respectful Team Player: Outplay promotes above all a positive and supportive culture and a fun place to work. It is therefore essential for team members to bring a positive, friendly, fun & inclusive attitude to work, having a willingness to work as a team and share with others.
- Passion for Mobile Games Marketing: Demonstrate a keen interest in marketing, video games, and the mobile games industry.
- Experience in F2P Games: Background in the free 2 play games industry would be an advantage, but not essential
- Programmatic Advertisement Expertise: Experience or strong knowledge of the programmatic landscape would be advantageous.
- Data Analysis Capabilities: Some SQL/Analytics/Tableau experience is an advantage, but not essential
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 160 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice, won TIGA awards, and received a BAFTA nomination.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team has developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. Gordon Ramsay’s Chef Blast and Mystery Match Village are the latest titles in the portfolio, bringing more of the high-quality visuals, production values, and casual yet engaging gameplay that Outplay is known for.
With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games, Outplay is just getting started.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
We have a flexible hybrid work model at Outplay, prioritising flexibility, inclusion, health and enjoyment. With our work model, our roles can be fulfilled with the flexibility to choose to relocate to work fully onsite in Dundee or in a hybrid mode, either locally or from anywhere in the UK or European work locations.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.