At Outplay our design team are at the forefront of free-to-play mobile games design. Each day they push the boundaries to make sure their games are enjoyed by millions. This fantastic team are looking to add another creative superstar to help turn more dreams into reality.
We are currently hiring a Junior Game Designer with a strong understanding of what makes for good casual games, particularly casual puzzle games. If you’re an avid mobile game player with good instincts for what is and isn’t fun are interested in learning the ropes of game design and content creation, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for passionate candidates who can contribute to and inform the vision for our games. You should have experience or knowledge of making game content e.g. levels. You should have experience playing a wide range of mobile games and be able to speak to what popular titles in the puzzle genre do well. As a Game Designer at Outplay, you’ll also be expected to bring innovation and creativity to the project you are working on and be aware of the impact design can have on the key performance indicators (KPI’s) of the product including our ability to sell the product, retain players, and monetize players who are engaged with our titles. You should be willing to learn the tools used on the game and adaptable to different game development environments.
You will be expected to drive our games forward as they find the “special sauce” that will make the game stand out and rise above the rest, this will include exploring opportunities in different genres whilst also having a good eye for the quality and polish that will ensure the game is world-class! You will be a key member ensuring that the players always get only the best content in the game.
- Driven to establish, support and realise a stand-out creative vision for our games in collaboration with the team.
- Fully committed to providing outstanding content to the players
- Experienced in mobile and free-to-play game trends with a passion for evolving and innovating the user experience to entertain, retain, and engage players.
- Understands importance of player data analysis and able to propose and implement feature and content changes to improve a game’s key performance indicators.
- Takes pride in the craft of making exceptional games and embraces the responsibility for pushing the quality and success of each game and motivates the team accordingly.
- Appreciates that the team’s and company’s success is determined by the timely delivery of exceptional, optimised games and game updates and is committed to achieving each product goal accordingly.
- Actively researches and keeps up to date with new games, industry and market trends, platform and OS changes, and best practices with a view to improve existing games and help innovate with future games.
- Having knowledge of using Unity is a big plus!
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 160 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice, won TIGA awards and received a BAFTA nomination.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team have developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. Gordon Ramsay’s Chef Blast and Mystery Match Village are the latest titles in the portfolio, bringing more of the high-quality visuals, production values and casual yet engaging gameplay that Outplay is known for.
With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games Outplay is just getting started.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
We are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop. Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.