We are looking to hire an experienced Games Analyst. Our team explores data, extracts insights and systematically measures the performance of changes to our Games through A/B tests and Multivariate experiments.
This role focuses on Data Analysis, Visualisation and Game Performance evaluation. It is a key requirement, that you know the ins and outs of our games, have an understanding of the wider Live Operations Landscape and have a good understand of our players.
Working closely with the game teams, you will add an analytics perspective to strategic discussions and help drive our priorities. You will be on point for developing a game-specific analysis strategy and advise on Experiments and Live Operations setups.
Due to the ever-changing nature of our business and ongoing feature developments we expect you to liaise with the stakeholders regularly, understand their needs and help to work out the best approach to provide impactful recommendations based on Player and Business data.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, systematic and curious thinker, who wants to make a difference in the performance and direction of our games.
- Passion for Games and an understanding of the “Free to Play” business model, including commonly used metrics and KPIs.
- Excellent communicator who is able to transform complex Analytical results into actionable insights.
- Ability to understand our business and product goals, identify the data requirements, analyse the collected data and interpret the results to provide the best recommendations for the decision-makers.
- Interest or experience in behavioural psychology/economics.
- Expert knowledge of Data Analytics tools, supporting languages (R, Python, etc…), statistical methods (e.g. modelling, clustering and hypothesis testing) and/or mathematical modelling.
- High level of proficiency in Data Visualisation.
- Experience writing SQL queries for relational databases is essential.
- Experience using machine learning algorithms for classification and/or prediction in a business setting would be a bonus.
- Experience as a Data Scientist or Business Analyst, e.g. in the field of Online Business Intelligence/data-driven Product Management or at a F2P Games Company
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science / Maths / Physics (or similar)
Founded in 2011 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 160 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice, won TIGA awards and received a BAFTA nomination.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team have developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. Gordon Ramsay’s Chef Blast and Mystery Match Village are the latest titles in the portfolio, bringing more of the high-quality visuals, production values and casual yet engaging gameplay that Outplay is known for.
With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games Outplay is just getting started.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team are currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family