The award-winning Outplay Marketing Team fuels the growth of our 10+ top-grossing titles across several game genres and platforms. We have a fantastic opportunity within our growing team for a data-driven, creative & analytical ASO Manager.
In this role you will own our App Store, Google Play and Amazon listings for all key titles, managing and optimising the store presence in order to improve our rankings and search visibility, and therefore install rates. You will assess best practice around ASO, complete with robust competitor analysis, while working closely with teams across marketing, art, analytics, studio and senior stakeholders in order to define and implement strategy across our entire portfolio.
As a core member of our Marketing Team, you will also partner with Brand Marketing coordinating ASO support of key game updates such as 3rd party brand integrations and new game features, as well as securing featuring support from our platform partners.
This is a perfect opportunity for an ASO Manager with solid understanding of ASO mechanics to take ownership of a key function at Outplay, work on an exciting games portfolio and drive growth across the portfolio, as well as shape store presence for upcoming titles.
- ASO strategies: Develop, manage and execute best in-class ASO strategies across the App Store (Apple), Google Play Store (Android) and Amazon to increase the conversion rates and maximize our games’ visibility. Develop CRO frameworks and processes for our store listings to resonate with audiences across the globe.
- Store pages optimisation: Creation, maintenance, and optimisation of all elements of our store presence which includes text, art and keyword definition and improvements working with internal and external resources.
- A/B test strategies: Test, track and optimize AB tests on the stores for increased download conversion rate and increased store page traffic, while staying on brand and relevant to each game’s USPs.
- Project Management: Construct and maintain prioritized backlogs and requirements to improve natural search traffic. Initiate and coordinate all ASO efforts including localization across departments including brand, design, product and engineering teams.
- Internal reporting & education: Share with the marketing team and top management industry trends and insights, and provide accurate and insightful live and post-performance analysis to stakeholders. Provide recommendations & guidelines to other squads in the company for how to maximize discoverability and conversion rates based on analytics.
- KPI ownership: Store page conversion rate, organic acquisition and store ranking
- Product expertise: become fully immersed in the product and maintain a deep understanding of the product features, nuances, player motivations, economy, etc.
- Benchmarking: Have a deep knowledge of various competitors in the space, analysing the strengths and weaknesses of competitor products, as well as identifying potential opportunities. Staying on top of trends and new initiatives, especially with iOS 15 updates.
- Data Driven ASO Experience: 2+ years of experience with a proven track record on improving CR and visibility for other apps/games.
- ASO Expertise: Deep understanding of app store algorithms, optimization methods and 3rd party solutions.
- Analytical Skills: Well familiar with the power of data, interpreting results, creating hypothesis, and analytics tools such as App Store Connect, Google Play Console, AppAnnie, Adjust, Amplitude etc.
- Communication: You are a great communicator and can bring your ideas across different stakeholders, marketing teammates and developers.
- A passion for Mobile Games Marketing: A deep understanding of digital marketing, videogames, and the mobile games industry, as well as an acute eye for comprehending player experience flows.
- Player Lifecycle: Knowledge and understanding of the entire player lifecycle from discoverability/awareness, click, install conversion, on-boarding, engagement, fidelity, monetization, loyalty and evangelism.
- Game KPIs: Deep understanding of all core game and business KPIs, how they impact each other and comfortable working with analytics teams to produce detailed data driven reports and insights.
- Open Minded and Innovative: Be comfortable collecting information and feedback from across the business, come up with or identify innovative ideas, and convert thoughts into actions in a structured manner.
Founded in 2010, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile games developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games that everyone can enjoy!
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. To date, our games have received over 150 million downloads, and we have received a stable of industry nominations and awards.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside our ever-evolving studio. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local development community.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our super-friendly culture too! We find many ways to socialise, celebrate together and have created a comprehensive wellbeing package to support our team.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team are currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.