We are looking to hire a talented UI/2D artist for our Classic Games team. Classic Games at Outplay include Live Products (Angry Birds Pop!, Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Crafty Candy Blast).
- Concepting and crafting visuals for Live Games.
- Taking design wireframes and producing themed UI Artwork (Screens, Icons, Buttons) from concept to in-game.
- Developing with Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, Esoteric Spine + In-house Tools.
- Working with the design and art team to realize an easily navigable and aesthetically pleasing UI experience for a very established player community.
- Feeding directly into design and Art for reoccurring and upcoming events.
- Helping to direct and delegate tasks on projects.
- Deep understanding of mobile game development and approaches to UI.
- Strong portfolio showing your contribution to previously released/upcoming mobile/PC/console projects.
- High quality Illustration skills and ability to match a pre-existing style.
- Enjoys working within a team environment.
- Animation skills.
- Art direction.
- Brand development.
This role would suit an experienced UI artist with illustrative skills. We are open to artists that may be looking to step-up in responsibility.
Founded in 2010, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile games developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games that everyone can enjoy!
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. To date, our games have received over 150 million downloads and we have received a stable of industry nominations and awards.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside our ever-evolving studio. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local development community.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our super-friendly culture too! We find many ways to socialise, celebrate together, and create a comprehensive well-being package to support our team.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team are currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.