We are looking for a creative and dynamic Marketing Art Manager to lead a team of artists to support the promotional and marketing requirements of our evolving portfolio of visually stunning and engaging mobile games.
Our talented and ambitious Marketing Art team supports our development teams and products and drives brand marketing initiatives, creating all the artwork and videos for our app store pages, community forums, and marketing campaigns. In this role, you will work closely with key stakeholders to brief and manage the production timeline, leading your highly skilled art team to deliver all the company’s marketing materials. This includes app store assets, user acquisition videos, social content, branding, and company promotional material. Utilising a professional and courteous approach, you will compile production schedules, prioritise workloads, manage feedback, and coach and mentor the team to deliver the highest quality creative assets within the required timeframes.
The ideal candidate is an experienced people manager of a creative team and can support the Marketing Artists to reach new heights in graphic design, motion graphics, and animation whilst managing a highly efficient creative production process.
- Primary contact for all marketing creative asset requests.
- Work closely with stakeholders from UA, ASO, social media, branding, the product team, and senior management.
- Drive the creative brainstorm sessions to guide the conversion of marketing creative ideas into effective promotional art and copy.
- Manage requests based on priority and work with the marketing art team to establish a delivery plan broken down into phases of development and final delivery.
- Allocate appropriate time and resources for each task based on value, monitor progress, and provide assistance as required.
- Run effective processes and ensure production pipelines are efficient.
- Incorporate marketing data insights to help guide art direction and creative process.
- Regularly gather relevant insights from a team with the aim of constantly improving workflow.
- Create and maintain clear lines of communication with all stakeholders, ensuring visibility, and providing opportunities to provide feedback.
- Steer external pipelines for scaled production.
- Lead the Marketing Art Team, including performance reviews and career development.
- Assist in the planning and execution of skills development plans for the department.
- Maintain an inspiring and mindful creative culture where experimentation, feedback, and iteration are encouraged. Foster knowledge sharing and creative enhancement.
- Experience with marketing/advertising design is required (within F2P mobile game sector a plus).
- Experience managing creative asset production pipelines, e.g., concept art, screenshots, video, and graphic design.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and direct creative efforts.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as an Art Producer, Product Manager, or similar.
- Minimum 2+ years of creative people management.
- Advanced use of collaborative documentation and task management tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Able to prioritize workflow for team based on business goals while juggling multiple clients and projects.
- Able to identify suitable external partners for scaled creative production and to build lasting business relationships.
- Creative, flexible, collaborative, and innovative.
- Able to inspire and motivate others through projects and day-to-day tasks.
- Able to communicate to all levels of leadership across disciplines.
- Level-headed, logical, and reliable.
Founded in 2010, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile games developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games that everyone can enjoy!
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. To date, our games have received over 150 million downloads, and we have received a stable of industry nominations and awards.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside our ever-evolving studio. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events, and host guest speakers for our teams and the local development community.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our super-friendly culture too! We find many ways to socialise, celebrate together and have created a comprehensive well-being package to support our team.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team is currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.