We’re seeking an Audio Designer to lead the audio effort of Outplay's portfolio of current and forthcoming games. You’ll work in collaboration with the Creative Director, Producers and the relevant Leads to define and implement the audio design vision across all titles.
- Establish and direct the audio aesthetic of a project and communicate this effectively within the team as well as to other stakeholders.
- Create and implement new and revised SFX.
- Edit and create music tracks for both in-game and marketing material.
- Review and scope audio requirements.
- Influence overall project design and ideas.
- Work closely with outsourcers vendors as required.
- Maintain the project’s audio-related documentation.
- Direct and communicate effectively with music composers, contractors and other vendors.
- Audio Lead or Senior Audio Designer, with extensive experience in the gaming industry and multiple titles (preferably mobile) shipped in that capacity
- Experience of senior-level design from concept through to final implementation.
- Used to work with game engines (ideally Unity).
- Prior experience using audio middleware and custom built audio implementation solutions.
- High level of ability and familiarity using DAWs and Plugins (such as Reaper, Logic, Pro Tools, Waves, Kontakt etc.).
- Experienced musician with an ability to deliver music concepts/demos through to final mixed loops in a variety of styles.
- Familiarity with versioning and source control software for asset management, such as Git or SVN.
- Proficiency in tracklaying, mixing and mastering for trailers and cinematics.
- Ability to juggle several tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Casual games experience.
- Familiarity with scripting/coding.
- Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas or Premiere.
- Experience with field recording.
Founded in 2010, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile games developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games that everyone can enjoy!
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. To date, our games have received over 150 million downloads, and we have received a stable of industry nominations and awards.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside our ever-evolving studio. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local development community.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our super-friendly culture too! We find many ways to socialise, celebrate together and have created a comprehensive wellbeing package to support our team.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team are currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.