Are you a creative, systematic, and curious thinker who wants to be involved in the games industry? We are looking for QA engineers to join our talented QA team to rigorously and systematically test our games, tools, and system applications.
The role will involve creating structured test scripts and test plans, providing clear, accurate feedback to developers and the management team, and devising recommendations to improve QA processes and procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity, and we are looking for the following attributes as part of our QA team:
- Experience in software testing – preferably for online and/or mobile gaming titles or a Degree in Game-related / Information Technology studies.
- Attention to detail and works to ensure accuracy at all times.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of the latest iOS, Android, and Kindle Mobile Operating Systems and devices.
- Familiar with bug tracking tools e.g. Bugzilla, Jira, and automated test tools, processes, and test strategies.
- The ability of analysing projects and determining their testing requirements
- Passion for games of all sorts, genres, and platforms
- Strong understanding and ideally hands-on experience in programming/scripting languages and database queries
- A passion for testing, and an active interest in self-learning
- Experience using and maintaining test cases and their tools e.g. TestRail
- Available to work under pressure in a fast-paced Agile environment
- You have had experience with and seen a project through from concept to completion.
- You are experienced with mobile app submission processes, certification, and requirements across all platforms.
- You have experience using 3rd party app distribution tools, e.g. Hockeyapp
- You are an active member of the testing community, and regularly take part in online discussions or attend conferences.
Founded in 2010, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile games developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games that everyone can enjoy!
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. To date, our games have received over 150 million downloads and we have received a stable of industry nominations and awards.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside our ever-evolving studio. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events, and host guest speakers for our teams and the local development community.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our super-friendly culture too! We find many ways to socialise, celebrate together and have created a comprehensive well-being package to support our team.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team is currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.