Millions of players interact daily with Outplay’s cloud-based server infrastructure. While it is vital that our systems are always reliable and responsive, it is equally important that we continually develop new features to improve and expand upon the needs of the business.
We are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Senior Software Engineer with a passion for working with scalable, distributed systems and frontend frameworks to join our back-end technology team.
You will be working with a team of skilled software engineers, closely collaborating with client-side shared technology teams to shape the future technology platform behind the games our players enjoy!
- 4+ years industry experience in a software development role
- Strong software engineering experience and proficiency, with emphasis on:
- Design patterns and algorithms
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS)
- Design and implementation of micro-service architectures
- Experience with serverless / cloud functions
- Experience with frontend technologies (Angular)
- Experience with RESTful API development
- Experience in live operations
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL (specifically mongoDB) databases
- Familiar with software development methodologies, such as Agile and Scrum
All of these skills are of benefit for this role, but they aren’t absolutely necessary. If you have the strong foundational skills above, we can help you learn and build experience with technologies that are new to you.
- Experience of running Node.js applications in a production environment.
- Implementation of caching technologies, such as Redis
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting languages
- Usage of Docker and containers
Founded in 2011 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 160 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice, won TIGA awards and received a BAFTA nomination.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team have developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. Gordon Ramsay’s Chef Blast and Mystery Match Village are the latest titles in the portfolio, bringing more of the high-quality visuals, production values and casual yet engaging gameplay that Outplay is known for.
With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games Outplay is just getting started.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team are currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.