At Outplay, we have a fantastic opportunity within our growing marketing team for an enthusiastic and Community professional with a passion for gaming and entertainment/lifestyle products to join the brand and product marketing team and work across our mobile game portfolio. With the chance to take on ownership of social strategy and execution on both Outplay-owned IP but also licensed titles working with other internationally known brands, this is an exciting time to be a part of the hugely successful and constantly growing industry of mobile gaming.
As Social Media Manager, the ideal candidate will bring a few years of experience and passion for building gaming or lifestyle-focused social channels from the ground up, establishing and maintaining flourishing communities and driving high engagement across social platforms relevant for the product/service and audience.
The Social Media Manager will work within the Brand team (reporting to the Senior Brand Manager) and lead on the creation, planning and execution of social media strategy for all Outplay titles. They will become the expert in audiences for each title and run and manage all social accordingly, using appropriate channels and content to drive long-term engagement.
By building a strong knowledge of the games and the marketing strategies, the SMM will support the Senior Brand Manager and Product Marketing Managers in the coordination of all marketing initiatives, linking in social activity to amplify and drive further reach and engagement around title launches as well as ongoing comms.
The SMM will work with the other members of the marketing team, especially the creative team, the game development stakeholders, agencies and potentially third-party licensing partners. They will brief in creative and manage timelines and relevant stakeholder signoff.
- Social media growth strategy: Lead on establishing and executing an ongoing multi-channel social strategy to grow existing communities around Outplay titles and increase overall engagement with exciting, engaging and reactive content.
- Growth hacking: Implement and lead on growth hacking activity, finding new audiences to engage and create new platform communities where applicable.
- Community building and partnerships: Build ongoing relationships with highly engaged core communities, to allow for direct player feedback and engagement with the company on existing and new titles.
- Ambassador and micro influencer management: Create and lead on building a portfolio of brand advocates across social channels to increase online chatter, especially around key launches and title updates.
- Customer Service assistance: Working alongside existing customer service teams to direct social enquiries and issues appropriately.
- Manage the Community team: Manage a small social / community team and develop cross team skills and efficiency.
- Marketing: Work closely with the marketing team (Brand, ASO, UA, Analytics, etc.) and key members of the game development teams to create the most effective content and engagement strategies.
- Social Media Mastery: A strong understanding of all main social channels, their features and audience types, as well as experience using platform analytics and creating and running sponsored content and page promotions.
- Influencers: Understanding of influencers as an acquisition and retention channel, and how they can be plugged into owned social activity through paid and organic campaigns.
- Communication Expertise: Strong communication skills, ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organization & Collaboration: A structured and thoughtful approach about how to enhance in-game content through social activations, delivering results in a timely manner, while always being sensitive to each team’s processes, priorities, bandwidth, backlog and lead-times.
- Games Marketing Knowledge: An understanding of cross channel marketing, the mobile games industry, and lifestyle/entertainment product marketing.
- Player Lifecycle: Some understanding of player lifecycle from discoverability/awareness, click, install conversion, engagement, monetization, loyalty and evangelism.
- KPIs: Some understanding of core game and business KPIs and how they impact each other, as well as being comfortable working with analytics teams to produce, understand and utilise data-driven reports and insights.
- Open Minded and Innovative: Be comfortable collecting information and feedback from across the business, come up with or identify innovative ideas, and convert thoughts into actions in a structured manner.
- Asset Design: Some experience with simple asset design and creation ( basic photoshop skills) is desirable but not essential.
Founded in 2010, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile games developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games that everyone can enjoy!
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. To date, our games have received over 150 million downloads and we have received a stable of industry nominations and awards.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside our ever-evolving studio. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local development community.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our super-friendly culture too! We find many ways to socialise, celebrate together and have created a comprehensive wellbeing package to support our team.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team are currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.