At Outplay, we have a fantastic opportunity within our growing marketing team for an enthusiastic marketing professional with a passion for gaming and entertainment/lifestyle products to join the brand and product marketing team and work across our mobile game portfolio. With the chance to work on both Outplay-owned IP but also licensed titles working with other internationally known brands, this is an exciting time to be a part of the hugely successful and constantly growing industry of mobile gaming.
As Junior Product Marketing Manager, the ideal candidate will bring a year or two of cross channel marketing experience, a love of the entertainment and gaming industry, and an enthusiastic team-player spirit to the well-established, friendly and collaborative Marketing team at Outplay.
The Junior Product Marketing Manager will work within the Brand team and assist with all brand and organic marketing/communication activities around the title(s) assigned, supporting the creation of marketing & communication plans, target audiences, and messaging for these audiences. By building a good knowledge of the games and the marketing strategies, the JPMM will support the Senior Brand Manager and Product Marketing Managers in the coordination of all marketing initiatives.
The JPMM will need to work with the other members of the performance marketing team (UA, ASO, CRM, CM, CS), the marketing creative team, the game development stakeholder, external agencies, and potentially third-party licensing partners.
The position requires the JPMM to put commitment and interest in their products to understand the games, the game activities, and the players to make the best out of the game activities post-launch and wrap up attractive marketing storytelling & strong communication to affect organic acquisition, retention & monetisation.
- Branding: Assist with and learn core branding documents of Outplay games and ensure alignment with the brand pillars across in-game content and marketing communication copy, tone, and assets for consistency through the player funnel.
- Marketing documentations: Assist with creation of marketing & communication plans, soft launch & launch marketing plans & timelines, competitors / market & audience analysis.
- Live game content marketing planning: Assist in ideation and planning around marketing-specific in-game content such as new features, events, and sales.
- Live game content marketing coordination: Work regularly with Marketing Art, Performance Marketing, ASO, and Player Support to meet the required delivery deadlines for marketing promotion during the title lifecycle (from soft launch up to post-launch activities). Some of these coordinated tasks are, but not limited to, creative briefing, push copy, in-game promotional copy and visual assets, new store assets and copy, social content, cross-promotion, PR, etc.
- Key member of the marketing team: Collaborate with game dev teams. This involves participating in stand-ups, feature/event design discussions, sales, calendar planning, user experience improvement initiatives, social and community-focused content, etc.
- Community Growth: Assist with planning / executing social campaigns to grow and engage social communities around key marketing activities.
- Work with external partners: Assist with management of external partners (agencies, 3rd party brands, etc) to ensure delivery of high-quality campaign work on deadline.
- Communication: Good communication skills, ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organization & Collaboration: A structured and thoughtful approach about how to enhance in-game content through collaborating across different departments, delivering results in a timely manner, while always being sensitive to each team’s processes, priorities, bandwidth, backlog, and lead-times.
- Games Marketing Knowledge: An understanding of cross channel marketing, and the mobile games industry, as well as lifestyle/entertainment product marketing.
- Player Lifecycle: Some understanding of player lifecycle from discoverability/awareness, click, install conversion, engagement, monetization, loyalty, and evangelism.
- KPIs: Some understanding of core game and business KPIs and how they impact each other, as well as being comfortable working with analytics teams to produce, understand and utilise data-driven reports and insights.
- Open Minded and Innovative: Be comfortable collecting information and feedback from across the business, come up with or identify innovative ideas, and convert thoughts into actions in a structured manner.
Founded in 2010, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile games developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games that everyone can enjoy!
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. To date, our games have received over 150 million downloads and we have received a stable of industry nominations and awards.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside our ever-evolving studio. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local development community.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our super-friendly culture too! We find many ways to socialise, celebrate together and have created a comprehensive wellbeing package to support our team.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team are currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.