We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Artist to join our NEW GAMES teams. The role will involve creating fun, vibrant illustrations, 3D characters and 3D models for our newest and next range of world-class classic games!
Your experience, knowledge and passion will be key and will directly influence the styling and standards these new projects will aim for. Working with a highly qualified and passionate team you will be an integral part of making these projects a success.
- Have a very strong understanding of the casual mobile games market.
- A great portfolio that demonstrates your high-quality game art experience.
- Strong, referable 3D character/Modelling skills.
- 2D Concept/illustration
- Strong understanding of mobile development and efficient use of asset building
- Fantastic visual design skills and can adapt your style and technique to suit.
- The ability to bring fun game assets to lift through clearly visualising your ideas and talking them to finished in-game elements.
- Know how to work effectively within a team and are a great communicator.
- Can easily interpret design ideas and feedback into elegant visual solutions.
- Have referable knowledge of Adobe CC Suite, Maya and Unity.
- Ideally, at least +5 years of experience working as an Artist/Senior Artist. However, those who can demonstrate the required skills without that experience will be considered.
- Experience managing others in a team.
- You will be producing world-class visual for Outplays new projects
- You will be working with Unity on a daily basis to prove out your visuals and test them in build.
- You will be creating:
Concepts - clearly showing your ability to imagine, visualise and communicate your ideas.
3D Modelling - Crafting well considered 3D assets for use in real-time, pre-rendered visuals (Maya)
3D Characters - Building beautifully realised character models form pre-existing character model sheets.
- You will be working with Adobe CC Suite, Maya, Blender, Git, JIRA s part of your toolset.
- 3D/2D Animation
- Blender Modelling
Founded in 2010, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile games developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games that everyone can enjoy!
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. To date, our games have received over 150 million downloads and we have received a stable of industry nominations and awards.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside our ever-evolving studio. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local development community.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our super-friendly culture too! We find many ways to socialise, celebrate together and have created a comprehensive wellbeing package to support our team.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team are currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.