Outplay is a fast-paced data-driven, and highly growth focused business where the Insights Team plays a central role in informing business decisions through detailed analysis and advanced dashboards.
We are looking to hire an experienced Games Analyst. Our team explores data, extracts insights and systematically measures the performance of changes to our Games through A/B tests and Multivariate experiments.
This role focuses on Data Analysis, Visualisation and Game Performance evaluation. It is a key requirement, that you know the ins and outs of our games, have an understanding of the wider Live Operations Landscape and a good understand our players.
Working closely with the game teams, you will add an analytics perspective to strategic discussions and help drive our priorities. You will be on point for developing a game specific analysis strategy and advise on Experiments and Live Operations setups.
Due to the ever-changing nature of our business and on-going feature developments we expect you to liaise with the stakeholders regularly, understand their needs and help to work out the best approach to provide impactful recommendations based on Player and Business data.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, systematic and curious thinker, who wants to make a difference to the performance and direction of our games.
The skills and expertise we are looking for are:
- Passion for Games and an understanding of the “Free to Play” business model, including commonly used metrics and KPIs.
- Excellent communicator who is able to transform complex Analytical results into actionable insights.
- Ability to understand our business and product goals, identify the data requirements, analyse the collected data and interpret the results to provide the best recommendations for the decision makers.
- Interest or experience in behavioural psychology / economics.
- Expert knowledge of Data Analytics tools, supporting languages (R, Python, etc…), statistical methods (e.g. modelling, clustering and hypothesis testing) and/or mathematical modelling.
- High level of proficiency in Data Visualisation.
- Experience writing SQL queries for relational databases is essential.
- Experience using machine learning algorithms for classification and/or prediction in a business setting would be a bonus.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a Data Scientist or Business Analyst, e.g. in the field of Online Business Intelligence / data driven Product Management or at a F2P Games Company
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science / Maths / Physics (or similar)
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.