We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior 2D/UI Artist to join our new titles, Gordon Ramsay’s Chef Blast and Mystery Match Village. We are looking for an artist who is great at communicating and visualizing their ideas, has a fun, relevant portfolio that demonstrates their love of graphic design, UI Visuals, and Illustration, and has a strong referable working knowledge of Unity development.
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled, enthusiastic and professional team of coders, artists, and designers and will be fundamental in the ongoing development of new Outplay games. You will directly influence the visual identity of your project and will quickly see your efforts represented in-game in order for you to evaluate, refine and perfect your vision.
You are a driven and experienced Senior UI/2D Artist; someone who loves designing, illustrating and creating world-class game art that delights players all over the world. Your knowledge and passion make you a confident mentor for others in producing game art to exacting technical standards. An individual who wants to be at the beating heart of the UK’s largest independent mobile developer, and an intrinsic part of a community of dedicated crafters and players.
- You’ll work closely with our talented art, code and design team to create UI Screen Mock-ups, concepts, digital illustrations, game-play objects, and promotional imagery.
- You’ll quickly get up to speed with the pre-existing visuals which you will maintain and lift where needed.
- You’ll help establish an art style or help refine and maintain the consistency of an established visual direction.
- You'll be working with Unity to realize the visual for your project and implement your assets for in-game.
- You'll create engaging and visually inviting UI designs and implement them through Unity.
- You’ll help create or refine artwork pipelines to facilitate ongoing content updates.
- You’ll inspire others and exchange feedback.
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating your refined UI design and Unity implementation and illustration skills for games.
- You have a strong understanding of mobile development and efficient use of UI for mobile development
- You can adapt your style and technique to suit the requirements for mobile games development.
- You have the ability to bring game objects to life through clearly visualising your ideas, illustrations and visual effects.
- You are an experienced user of Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- You can take direction well and in turn produce visuals in keeping with established styles and products.
- You know how to work effectively within a team and with technical parameters.
- You are able to interpret design ideas and feedback into elegant visual solutions.
- 3D modelling skills in Maya and or Blender
- Animation experience (appropriate to UI)
Founded in 2010, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile games developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games that everyone can enjoy!
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. To date, our games have received over 150 million downloads and we have received a stable of industry nominations and awards.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside our ever-evolving studio. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local development community.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our super-friendly culture too! We find many ways to socialise, celebrate together and have created a comprehensive wellbeing package to support our team.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
- Comprehensive Well-Being Package
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Outplay team are currently all working remotely.
During this time, we are working on the creation of a leading-edge, hybrid work environment that regardless of how you work, you have every opportunity to deliver and develop.
Therefore, our roles are open to being explored as future remote, hybrid or onsite opportunities.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.