You are a driven and experienced Senior 2D and UI Artist; someone who loves designing, illustrating and animating world-class game art that delights players all over the world. Your knowledge and passion make you a confident mentor for others in producing game art to exacting technical standards. An individual who wants to be at the beating heart of the UK’s largest independent mobile developer, and an intrinsic part of a community of dedicated crafters and players.
- You’ll work closely with our talented art, code and design team to create concepts, digital illustrations, and animations for characters, environments, game-play objects, and promotional imagery.
- You’ll help establish an art style or help refine and maintain consistency of an established visual direction.
- You'll be working with Unity to realize the visual for your project.
- You'll create engaging and visually inviting UI designs and implement them through Unity
- You’ll help create or refine artwork pipelines to facilitate ongoing content updates.
- You’ll inspire others and exchange feedback.
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating your refined digital painting, UI and illustration skills for games.
- You have a strong understanding of mobile development and efficient use of UI for mobile development
- You can adapt your style and technique to suit the requirements for mobile games development.
- You have the ability to bring game objects to life through animation or visual effects.
- You are an experienced user of Adobe products ( Photoshop, Illustrator ).
- You can take direction well and in turn produce visuals in keeping with established styles and products.
- You know how to work effectively within a team and technical parameters.
- You are able to interpret design ideas and feedback into elegant visual solutions.
- 3D modelling skills in Maya
- Character animation experience in Spine or equivalent.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games are reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- Bonus Scheme
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.