At Outplay our design team are at the forefront of free-to-play mobile games design. Each day they push the boundaries to make sure their games are enjoyed by millions. This fantastic team are looking to add another creative superstar to help turn more dreams into reality.
We are currently hiring a Junior Game Designer with a strong understanding of what makes for good casual games, particularly casual puzzle games. If you’re an avid mobile game player with good instincts for what is and isn’t fun are interested in learning the ropes of game design and content creation, we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for passionate candidates who can contribute to and direct the vision for our games. You should have experience playing a wide range of mobile games and be able to speak to what popular titles in the puzzle genre do well. As a Game Designer at Outplay, you’ll also be expected to bring innovation and creativity to the project you are working on and be aware of the impact design can have on the key performance indicators (KPI’s) of the product including our ability to sell the product, retain players, and monetize players who are engaged with our titles.
Working with key stakeholders you will be expected to drive our games forward as they find the “special sauce” that will make the game stand out and rise above the rest, this will include exploring opportunities in different genres and prototyping unique mechanics whilst also having a good eye for the quality and polish that will ensure the game is world-class!
- Driven to establish and champion a stand-out creative vision for our games in collaboration with the team.
- Experienced in mobile and free-to-play game trends with a passion for evolving and innovating the user experience to entertain, retain, and engage players.
- Understands importance of player data analysis and able to propose and implement feature and content changes to improve a game’s key performance indicators.
- Takes pride in the craft of making exceptional games and embraces the responsibility for pushing the quality and success of each game and motivates the team accordingly.
- Appreciates that the team’s and company’s success is determined by the timely delivery of exceptional, optimised games and game updates and is committed to achieving each product goal accordingly.
- Actively researches and keeps up to date with new games, industry and market trends, platform and OS changes, and best practices with a view to improve existing games and help innovate with future games.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Employee assistance package
- Bonus Scheme
- Childcare savings
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just w