At Outplay, we have a fantastic opportunity within our growth team for an Ad Monetisation Manager to drive revenue growth and enhance player experience and engagement through in game adverts across our large mobile game portfolio.
In this role you will be working closely with the Head of Growth Marketing, and collaborating with other teams including Games Development, Live Operations, and Analytics as well as external partners to support our advertising strategy in our games.
We are looking for a driven, commercially minded individual who is motivated to make a standout impact in growing this important part of Outplay’s business.
- Advertisement operation management: Monitor, report and optimise our advertising revenues across our Portfolio.
- Ad performance strategy & price setting: drive ad monetisation strategy per game, work with LiveOps and the game development & design teams to ensure in game adverts provide the best player experience and strong revenues. Work with partners and analyse data to price advertising inventory for best results.
- Advertisement revenue growth: work closely with internal resources and external partners to grow the advertisement revenues over time via A/B testing of alternative strategies and approaches for different player segments. Understand player behaviour in game and work with design teams to improve placement and design of in game adverts.
- Ad network relationship and performance improvements: Build relationships with external advertising networks and media companies to identify opportunities to grow revenue from advertising in Outplay's games - ad formats, placements, performance, etc.
- Ad monetisation expertise: Share market trends, best practices & insights across teams (Marketing, LiveOps and Game Development).
- Advertisement technical knowledge: Maintain necessary technical knowledge to understand full campaign delivery process, enabling accurate and proficient creative QA, and troubleshooting of all campaigns.
- Ad Monetisation experience: At least 2 years working at an Ad Network or mobile app business in an Account Management Role, an ad trafficker role or a similar Ad Monetisation management position.
- Ad Monetisation Strategy Expertise: Knowledge of different ad formats and ad monetisation strategies & optimisations.
- Analytical skills & understanding of ad serving tech: Planning, setup, A/B test and optimisation of ad placements requires analytical and technical ability.
- Excellent Communication Skills: The position requires close collaboration with colleagues across other teams such as Developers, Analysts, Marketers, Finance, as well as management of external partner relationships. Confident and clear communication is important.
- Commercial Mindset: To be successful at this role, it asks for a strong commercial mindset – externally by creating, building and sustaining healthy relationships with our partners and internally by being proactive, confident & enthusiastic - thriving on going the extra mile every day.
- Pragmatic problem-solver, data centric & Attention to Details: Outplay needs someone who is motivated to look for opportunities and solve problems and dive into data to produce accurate insights which will support the ad monetisation strategy
- Friendly and Respectful Team Player: Outplay promotes above all a positive and supportive culture and a fun place to work. It is therefore essential for team members to bring a positive, friendly, fun & inclusive attitude to work, having a willingness to work as a team and share with others.
- Passion for Mobile Games Marketing: Demonstrate a keen interest in marketing, video games, and the mobile games industry.
- Experience in F2P Games: Background in the free 2 play games industry would be an advantage, but not essential
- Programmatic Advertisement Expertise: Experience or strong knowledge of the programmatic landscape would be advantageous.
- Data Analysis Capabilities: Some SQL/Analytics/Tableau experience is an advantage, but not essential
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days holiday
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.