We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our talented QA department to rigorously and systematically test our games, tools and system applications.
The role will involve creating structured test scripts and test plans, providing clear, accurate feedback to developers and the management team and devising recommendations to improve QA processes and procedures. Team and project management skills will be a daily responsibility in the role. This is an exciting opportunity and we are looking for the following attributes in our QA team:
- Experience of software testing – preferably for online and/or mobile gaming titles
- Attention to detail and works to ensure accuracy at all times.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of latest iOS and Android Mobile Operating Systems and devices.
- Deep knowledge of bug tracking tools e.g. Bugzilla, Jira and automated test tools, processes and strategies.
- Ability to analyse projects and determining their testing requirements
- Passion for games of all genres and platforms
- Experience running a QA team or directing the test process
- An understanding and ideally hands-on experience in programming/scripting languages and database queries
- Experience working with remote teams
- A passion for testing, and an active interest in self-learning
- Experience using and maintaining test cases and their tools e.g. TestRail
- Available to work under pressure in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Experience of a project through from concept to completion
- Experience with mobile app submission processes, certification and requirements across all platforms
- You have experience using 3rd party app distribution tools, e.g. AppCenter, Firebase
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition. Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days holiday
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.