Business Intelligence Analyst
Outplay is a fast-paced data-driven, and highly growth focused business where the Insights Team plays a central role in informing business decisions by providing impactful business intelligence products and visualisation. We are looking for Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Team and play a key role in our growth story.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing insights from a financial / game performance point of view for the Games, Marketing and Financial teams.
This role focuses on Data Analysis, Visualisation and Statistical Analysis: You will extract insights from the data, present them as clearly as possible to a wider audience and help predicting the financial performance with new game releases and marketing initiatives.
Due to the ever-changing nature of our business and on-going feature developments you will have the opportunity to work closely with several teams, understand their needs and help to work out the best approach to provide impactful recommendations based on Player and Commercial data.
This includes the design, development, implementation, management and support of business intelligence based reporting and visualisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, systematic and curious thinker – a quick learner who thrives on working in a fast paced, collaborative environment, who wants to make a difference to the performance and direction of our games. You need to be able to create complex Database queries to prepare and provide the data the business needs.
- Passion for Games and an understanding of the “Free to Play” business model, including commonly used metrics and KPIs.
- Proficiency in Data Visualisation (ideally Tableau)
- Knowledge of writing SQL queries for relational databases is essential
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Excellent communicator who is able to transform complex Analytical results into insights for the target audience
- Ability to understand our business and product goals, identify the data requirements, analyse the collected data and interpret the results to provide the best recommendations for the decision makers.
- Ability to translate business requirements into impactful reports and dashboards
- Relevant job experience or University degree or equivalent in the field of business, administration, computer science, physics, maths, finance, or information systems
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days holiday
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.