We are currently looking to recruit a Management Accountant to join our finance team, the role is well suited to either a newly qualified accountant or experienced individual looking for a new challenge. As Management Accountant you will play an active role within a busy finance team reporting into the Group Finance Manager.
- Qualified accountant – ACCA, CIMA, CA or similar
- Commercially focused, coupled with a genuine interest and understanding of Outplay’s products and market sector;
- Motivated by a high growth, fast paced environment;
- Excellent communication and time management skills;
- Driven by highest standards of accuracy;
- Driven, highly organised individual with experience of working autonomously
- Excellent excel skills & the ability to use charts and tables to aid communication of management information;
- Analytical & commercially minded;
- Able to deliver insightful analysis and reporting of trends and key performance indicators;
- Excellent working knowledge of Sage or other accounting software packages;
- Proactive and flexible approach; self-motivated to effect change
- Agile and able to multi-task
What will you do as Management Accountant at Outplay?
No two days are the same in our fast pace, rapid growth, creative company!
The key aspects of the role are:
- Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, working closely with other Outplay teams eg HR, IT, Dept Managers
- Responsibility for timely preparation of monthly reconciliations, management and consolidated accounts
- Ongoing compliance with UK GAAP/FRS 102
- Production of accurate cashflow forecasts
- Leading day to day control of cash and working capital environment
- Assisting in the management of the year end Audit process
- Assist in preparation of annual HMRC returns and Corporation Tax computations
- Active involvement in monitoring performance v budget & variance reporting
- Assistance with Board reporting of Group financial performance, including commercially focused analysis and commentary
- VAT and external reporting review and submission
- Working within a small finance team, supporting development and ensuring reporting deadlines are met
- Contribute ideas, solutions and energy across all of areas of output for Outplay
- Operate in an agile manner, confidently managing regular tasks as well as bespoke projects.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 28 days of holiday (increasing to 33 over 5 years)
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.