We are currently looking for Level Designers to add to our ambitious Design team here at EightPixelsSquare as we continue to develop our next big release. This is an amazing opportunity to work on our next big title and get stuck into level design.
Part of the Outplay group, EightPixelsSquare is a dynamic and cutting-edge games studio based in Derbyshire, on the edge of the stunning peak district national park. Best known for hit games Sniper Strike, Raid HQ, All Guns Blazing, Cartel Kings and Retro Soccer!
Our highly experienced development team bring decades of experience, delivered at the highest level across all game development disciplines.
Areas of Delivery
- Mission gameplay design & implementation - Using our in-house Unity tool to create or modify NPC and enemy behaviours in the game, enemy spawning, enemy attack waves, etc.
- Design and balancing/tweaking of gameplay features.
- Playtesting and assisting in bug fixing of features so that they reach a releasable standard.
- Presentation and explanation of the designs to relevant team members.
- Liaise with programmers and artists during the implementation of features.
- The game designer will be expected to take on board feedback from various sources (producer, review group, focus testing, publisher, license holder, etc) and implement any necessary changes or revisions.
- Experience of using game tools (e.g. Unity / Unreal) to create and modify NPC/enemy behaviour in games, enemy spawning, enemy attack waves, etc.
- Experience of "Modding" or creating playable content & levels for pre-existing or new games will be considered in lieu of professional experience.
- A general intuitive knowledge of what constitutes good gameplay design, especially for mobile free to play games.
- Previous experience in a similar industry and role would be highly desirable but not essential.
- Initiative and self-disciplined approach to work.
- A keen interest in a wide variety of game genres and games in general, especially mobile & free to play games.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to different disciplines in a clear and accurate manner.
- Broad knowledge and interest in game theory and design principles
- Self-motivated, hard worker with a team-focused attitude and ability to both give and take feedback and criticisms
Please note this role is to join the Eight Pixels Square studio based in Derby.
At EightPixelsSquare, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of our team is more than just work – it’s a family.