Are you a creative, systematic and curious thinker who wants to be involved in the games industry? We are looking for QA engineers to join our talented QA team to rigorously and systematically test our games, tools and system applications.
The role will involve creating structured test scripts and test plans, providing clear, accurate feedback to developers and the management team and devising recommendations to improve QA processes and procedures. This is an exciting opportunity and we are looking for the below attributes in our QA team.
- Experience of software testing – preferably for online and/or mobile gaming titles or a Degree in Game related / Information Technology studies.
- Attention to detail and works to ensure accuracy at all times.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of latest iOS, Android and Kindle Mobile Operating Systems and devices.
- Familiar with bug tracking tools e.g. Bugzilla, Jira and automated test tools, processes and test strategies.
- Ability of analysing projects and determining their testing requirements
- Passion for games of all sorts, genres and platforms
- Strong understanding and ideally hands on experience in programming / scripting languages and database queries
- A passion for testing, and an active interest in self-learning
- Experience using and maintaining test cases and their tools e.g. TestRail
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced Agile environment
- You have had experience with and seen a project through from concept to completion.
- You are experienced with mobile app submission processes, certification and requirements across all platforms.
- You have experience using 3rd party app distribution tools, e.g. Hockeyapp
- You are an active member of the testing community, and regularly take part in online discussions or attend conferences.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
Don’t live in Scotland? We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 28 days of holiday (increasing to 33 over 5 years)
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.