You are a driven and experienced Senior UI/UX Artist; someone who loves creating intuitive, polished, and appealing UI and UX designs, flows, and animations. Your knowledge and passion make you a confident mentor for others in UI layout and art and UX design. An individual who wants to be at the beating heart of the UK’s largest independent mobile developer, and an intrinsic part of a community of dedicated crafters and players.
- You’ll work closely with our talented art, code and design team to create engaging and intuitive UI and UX layouts and animations.
- You’ll help evolve draft design ideas and turn them into polished user flows and beautiful, entertaining interfaces.
- You’ll help define or refine the consistency of the art style.
- You’ll help guide and educate others in UI art and UX design techniques.
- You’ll help create easy-to-edit templates and artwork pipelines to facilitate ongoing content updates.
- You’ll inspire others and exchange feedback.
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating relevant UI/UX art and design skills.
- You have a wealth of experience developing the UI and UX for mobile games and touchscreen devices.
- You have strong composition, graphic design, and typography skills, and a great sense of colour.
- You are an experienced user of Adobe products and Unity.
- You know how to work effectively within a team and technical parameters.
- You are able to interpret design ideas and feedback into elegant visual solutions.
- Adobe After Effects expertise.
- Working knowledge of Adobe XD or a comparable UX design and prototyping tool.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving games hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What We Offer
You also have the opportunity to benefit from our talent development initiative, the Outplay Academy, and acquire new skills to grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers, we are proud of our dedication to professional development.
Do you live outside the United Kingdom or Scotland? We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.
At Outplay, we offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 33 days of holiday
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- EMI Share Option Scheme
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.