We are looking for a Front-End Engineer to join our growing and talented team where you will apply your solid software development skills to our innovative, engaging and enjoyable games across the mobile and social gaming landscape. As part of the Game Manager team, you will be responsible for developing and managing our internal web apps that operate our cloud-based game servers ensuring their integrity and manageability.
Areas of Delivery
- Utilise common front-end web technologies to develop and test web applications to allow us to run and operate our games with ease and integrity.
- Interact with other teams to understand their requirements and then design user interfaces to meet those requirements.
- Document the makeup of your application, to ensure it can be easily maintained and expanded upon.
- Deploy and operate your code in a Production environment/
Who we're looking for?
- Proven web application developer - experience delivering high quality web applications in a professional environment
- Good communicator - Happy to show your work to people in other disciplines and able to explain it in a way everyone understands
- Fantastic attitude - no problem is too difficult, and no work is too simple with a willingness to get out of your comfort zone.
- Excellent team player who can learn from and share their knowledge with others.
- UX Interest - You've got an eye for UX and an interest in delivering the best possible experience to end users.
- Awareness of modern front-end technologies, such as TypeScript, TailwindCSS, PostCSS, Sass, Less, Gulp, Webpack.
- Strong experience consuming APIs (both RESTful and non-RESTful) using Fetch API and JSON.
- Ability to build and maintain a design system of reusable, documented UI components.
- Experience with web application testing technologies.
- Experience working with customers to understand, document and agree requirements.
- Experience with the full development lifecycle with continuous delivery
- Experience with Ember.js is highly desirable, however knowledge of and experience with other front-end web frameworks (such as React, Vue or Angular) will be taken into account.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.
Moving to Scotland
Lively cities, historic architecture, world heritage sites, breathtaking landscapes, and countless islands. It’s no surprise that Scotland constantly tops the list for quality of life. Explore this great nation for yourself from the vibrant city of Dundee.
Dundee is at the cutting edge of modern creative industries. The recent opening of the V&A Museum of Design has given rise to international support and funding, turning the waterfront into a social hub filled with bars, restaurants, and creative spaces.
Dundee is home to two Universities constantly developing talent that pushes the bounds of the technology sector. This can be felt nowhere better than Outplay Entertainment’s teams and their devotion to creating quality games.
Outplay is more than just work. You will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, hosts BBQs, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.