We are looking for a Front-End Engineer to join our growing and talented team where you will apply your solid software development skills to our innovative, engaging and enjoyable games across the mobile and social gaming landscape. As part of the Game Manager team, you will be responsible for developing and managing our internal web apps that operate our cloud-based game servers ensuring their integrity and manageability.
- Utilise common front-end web technologies to develop and test web applications to allow us to run and operate our games with ease and integrity.
- Interact with other teams to understand their requirements and then design user interfaces to meet those requirements.
- Document the makeup of your application, to ensure it can be easily maintained and expanded upon.
- Deploy and operate your code in a Production environment/
- Proven web application developer - experience delivering high quality web applications in a professional environment
- Good communicator - Happy to show your work to people in other disciplines and able to explain it in a way everyone understands
- Fantastic attitude - no problem is too difficult, and no work is too simple with a willingness to get out of your comfort zone.
- Excellent team player who can learn from and share their knowledge with others.
- UX Interest - You've got an eye for UX and an interest in delivering the best possible experience to end users.
- Awareness of modern front-end technologies, such as TypeScript, TailwindCSS, PostCSS, Sass, Less, Gulp, Webpack.
- Strong experience consuming APIs (both RESTful and non-RESTful) using Fetch API and JSON.
- Ability to build and maintain a design system of reusable, documented UI components.
- Experience with web application testing technologies.
- Experience working with customers to understand, document and agree requirements.
- Experience with the full development lifecycle with continuous delivery
- Experience with Ember.js is highly desirable, however knowledge of and experience with other front-end web frameworks (such as React, Vue or Angular) will be taken into account.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK, and based in the thriving games hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest - and our portfolio is ever expanding. And this means that our team is ever expanding, too. With over 30 nationalities with diverse levels of experience and expertise - our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building products that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture, too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
Don’t live in Scotland? We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 28 days of holiday (increasing to 33 over 5 years)
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.