Millions of players interact daily with Outplay’s cloud-based Server Infrastructure. While it is vital that our systems are always reliable and responsive, it is equally important that we continually develop new features to improve and expand upon the needs of the business.
We are looking for an experienced and capable Senior Software Engineer to guide and support the day-to-day operations of the existing infrastructure, while also providing input into the implementation of future backend technology developments.
A Senior Software Engineer in DevOps supports a team of highly skilled engineers and inspires them to deliver high quality, extensible solutions with low maintenance overhead.
- Strong software engineering experience and proficiency, with emphasis on:
- Design patterns and algorithms
- Development and familiarity with common API design patterns, such as REST or JSON API
- SQL and NoSQL database design, usage and tuning
- Implementation of caching technologies, such as Redis
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and monitoring on AWS
- Familiar with maintenance and administration of Linux servers
- Design and implementation of micro-service architectures
- Usage of Docker and containers
- Familiar with software development methodologies, such as Agile Scrum
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK, and based in the thriving games hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest - and our portfolio is ever expanding. And this means that our team is ever expanding, too. With over 30 nationalities with diverse levels of experience and expertise - our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building products that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture, too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
Don’t live in Scotland? We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 28 days of holiday (increasing to 33 after 5 years)
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.