Millions of players interact daily with Outplay’s cloud-based Server Infrastructure. While it is vital that our systems are always reliable and responsive, it is equally important that we continually develop new features to accommodate the needs of the business.
We are looking for an experienced and capable Senior Software Engineer to guide and support the day-to-day operations of the existing infrastructure, while also providing input into the implementation of future backend technology developments.
A Senior Software Engineer in DevOps supports a team of highly skilled engineers and inspires them to deliver high quality, extensible solutions with low maintenance overhead.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Server-side software engineering
- SQL and NoSQL database design, development, administration and tuning, preferably MongoDB, DynamoDB and PostgreSQL
- Caching technologies such as Redis
- Data ETL pipelines
- Linux server administration and scripting
- Monitoring and alerting for web services, cloud deployments and networks
- A multitude of programming languages, including Python
- Developing RESTful APIs
- Microservice architecture
- Test Driven Development & Continuous Deployment
- Working in an agile environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules.
- Developing enterprise-level distributed systems using AWS technologies, especially EC2, CloudFormation, S3, CloudFront, VPCs and Route53, with Lambda, API Gateway and DynamoDB.
- Docker, containerization, and VMs
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.
Moving to Scotland
Lively cities, historic architecture, world heritage sites, breathtaking landscapes, and countless islands. It’s no surprise that Scotland constantly tops the list for quality of life. Explore this great nation for yourself from the vibrant city of Dundee.
Dundee is at the cutting edge of modern creative industries. The recent opening of the V&A Museum of Design has given rise to international support and funding, turning the waterfront into a social hub filled with bars, restaurants, and creative spaces.
Dundee is home to two Universities constantly developing talent that pushes the bounds of the technology sector. This can be felt nowhere better than Outplay Entertainment’s teams and their devotion to creating quality games.
Outplay is more than just work. You will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, hosts BBQs, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.