As a Senior Designer, you will be tasked with pushing the boundaries of our games, constantly on the lookout to innovate and iterate on successful ideas. You will be joining a team that strives for excellence and as such you will be expected to cultivate, support and lead the design aspect for the project
We are currently hiring an experienced Senior Game Designer who has been involved in games from concept to production and has a vision for where the mobile phone games industry may lead in the future.
We are looking for passionate candidates who can contribute to and direct the vision for our new games. You should have experience developing game play and meta game systems, be able to bring innovation and creativity to the project you are working and be aware of the impact design can have on the key performance indicators (KPI’s) of the product including our ability to sell the product, retain players and monetize players who are engaged with our titles.
Working with key stakeholders you will be expected to drive our games forward as they find the “special sauce” that will make the game stand out and rise above the rest, this will include exploring opportunities in different genres and prototyping unique mechanics whilst also having a good eye for the quality and polish that will ensure the game is world class!
- Driven to establish and champion a stand out creative vision for our games in collaboration with the team.
- Experienced in mobile and free-to-play game design with a passion for evolving and innovating the user experience to entertain, retain, and engage players.
- Understands importance of player data analysis and able to propose and implement feature and content changes to improve a game’s key performance indicators.
- Takes pride in the craft of making exceptional games and embraces the responsibility for pushing the quality and success of each game and motivates the team accordingly.
- Willing to impart their knowledge and mentor new designers to help them grow in to Design legends.
- Appreciates that the team’s and company’s success is determined by the timely delivery of exceptional, optimised games and game updates and is committed to achieving each product goal accordingly.
- Actively researches and keeps up to date with new games, industry and market trends, platform and OS changes, and best practices with a view to improve existing games and help innovate with future games.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK, and based in the thriving games hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest - and our portfolio is ever expanding. And this means that our team is ever expanding, too. With over 30 nationalities with diverse levels of experience and expertise - our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building products that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture, too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
Don’t live in Scotland? We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 28 days of holiday (increasing to 33 over 5 years)
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.