As a Senior Designer, you will be tasked with pushing the boundaries of our games, constantly on the lookout to innovate and iterate on successful ideas. You will be joining a team that strives for excellence and as such you will be expected to cultivate, support and lead the design aspect for the project
We are currently hiring an experienced Senior Game Designer who has been involved in games from concept to production and has a vision for where the mobile phone games industry may lead in the future.
We are looking for passionate candidates who can contribute to and direct the vision for our new games. You should have experience developing game play and meta game systems, be able to bring innovation and creativity to the project you are working and be aware of the impact design can have on the key performance indicators (KPI’s) of the product including our ability to sell the product, retain players and monetize players who are engaged with our titles.
Working with key stakeholders you will be expected to drive our games forward as they find the “special sauce” that will make the game stand out and rise above the rest, this will include exploring opportunities in different genres and prototyping unique mechanics whilst also having a good eye for the quality and polish that will ensure the game is world class!
Key qualities and experience we are looking for:
- Driven to establish and champion a stand out creative vision for our games in collaboration with the team.
- Experienced in mobile and free-to-play game design with a passion for evolving and innovating the user experience to entertain, retain, and engage players.
- Understands importance of player data analysis and able to propose and implement feature and content changes to improve a game’s key performance indicators.
- Takes pride in the craft of making exceptional games and embraces the responsibility for pushing the quality and success of each game and motivates the team accordingly.
- Willing to impart their knowledge and mentor new designers to help them grow in to Design legends.
- Appreciates that the team’s and company’s success is determined by the timely delivery of exceptional, optimised games and game updates and is committed to achieving each product goal accordingly.
- Actively researches and keeps up to date with new games, industry and market trends, platform and OS changes, and best practices with a view to improve existing games and help innovate with future games.
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.
Moving to Scotland
Lively cities, historic architecture, world heritage sites, breathtaking landscapes, and countless islands. It’s no surprise that Scotland constantly tops the list for quality of life. Explore this great nation for yourself from the vibrant city of Dundee.
Dundee is at the cutting edge of modern creative industries. The recent opening of the V&A Museum of Design has given rise to international support and funding, turning the waterfront into a social hub filled with bars, restaurants, and creative spaces.
Dundee is home to two Universities constantly developing talent that pushes the bounds of the technology sector. This can be felt nowhere better than Outplay Entertainment’s teams and their devotion to creating quality games.
Outplay is more than just work. You will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, hosts BBQs, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.