Millions of players interact daily with Outplay’s cloud-based Server Infrastructure. While it is vital that our systems are always reliable and responsive, it is equally important that we continually develop new features to improve and expand upon the needs of the business.
We are looking for an experienced and capable Technical Lead to oversee the day-to-day operations of the existing infrastructure, while also setting the direction and leading the implementation of future backend technology developments.
The DevOps Technical Lead heads up a team of highly skilled engineers and inspires them to deliver quality, extensible solutions with low maintenance overhead.
The role requires a pragmatic, hands-on approach with a clear view of the big picture and understanding of how the work of the team contributes to the bottom-line performance of our Company.
- Managed a team of software and infrastructure engineers, providing a technical vision and concepts on how to achieve business goals
- Successfully lead multiple product teams to successful delivery as a lead engineer
- Familiar with software development methodologies, such as Agile Scrum
- Development and familiarity with common API design patterns, such as REST or JSON API
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and monitoring on AWS
- SQL and NoSQL database design, usage and tuning
- Implementation of caching technologies, such as Redis
- Usage of Docker and containers
- Familiar with maintenance and administration of Linux servers
- Design and implementation of micro-service architectures
- Up-to-date and versed in software development best practices and design patterns
- Excellent understanding of server-side requirements and constraints
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to influence and drive change in a collaborative manner
- AWS certifications
- Data ETL pipelines
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.
Moving to Scotland
Lively cities, historic architecture, world heritage sites, breathtaking landscapes, and countless islands. It’s no surprise that Scotland constantly tops the list for quality of life. Explore this great nation for yourself from the vibrant city of Dundee.
Dundee is at the cutting edge of modern creative industries. The recent opening of the V&A Museum of Design has given rise to international support and funding, turning the waterfront into a social hub filled with bars, restaurants, and creative spaces.
Dundee is home to two Universities constantly developing talent that pushes the bounds of the technology sector. This can be felt nowhere better than Outplay Entertainment’s teams and their devotion to creating quality games.
Outplay is more than just work. You will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, hosts BBQs, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.