We are looking for a skilled 2D Digital Artist/Animator to join one of Outplay Entertainment’s core projects, Crafty Candy. Working within the established Crafty Candy team, your job will be to design and illustrate and when needed animate. You will feed into the ongoing art development and will be key to the delivery of content which will delight and engage our current players and attract and retain new players.
- All round strong digital illustration skills.
- Good 2D animation knowledge with referable examples
- Capable of creating clean and modern 2D digital artwork.
- Strong working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite apps. ( in particular Photoshop and Illustrator )
- Strong working knowledge of core principles of 2D animation. ( Adobe Animate ( Flash ) and Esoteric Spine )
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas visually.
- Can create high quality, on-brand game assets.
- Can work with pre-existing game assets to create Banners, Pop-ups and event visuals
- Great eye for composition, colour, lighting, and perspective.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work to direction and under your own initiative.
- A strong Portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required.
- Knowledge of UI construction for apps and mobile games
- Visual effects skills ( animation and/or design )
- Prop and environment 3D modelling skills
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.