Reporting directly into the VP of Global Marketing, we are looking for a senior digital marketer with strong team leadership experience, who is analytical, commercially minded and has a passion for how large volumes of data can be harnessed to aid innovative customer acquisition strategies through paid and organic channels. Managing a team of talented digital marketers, the candidate will manage a multimillion-dollar budget, focussing on building large scale audiences of players who will enjoy Outplay’s world-class mobile games for years to come.
Areas of delivery
This role is well suited for those who are strong team leaders and love making data-driven decisions to:
- Grow our engaged player base through paid and organic user acquisition campaigns
- Lead, mentor and grow a team of talented digital marketers
- Use attribution tracking and mobile measurement tools to monitor campaign performance, analyse player behaviour, maximize ROAS and develop insights for further growth
- Test, build and expand relationships with multiple ad networks and media platforms to determine where best to allocate budget and effort across the team.
- Work closely with the VP of Marketing to develop a growth strategy and oversee the team’s growth projects, producing reports on impact, opportunity and challenges
- Think outside the box to come up with clever ways to maximize engaged audience growth
- Constantly evolve and test best in class creative to drive successful click through rate, high app store conversion, healthy retention and profitable spend.
- Collaborate effectively with multiple internal teams (analytics, product, creative)
- Identify and communicate product features that improve effective customer acquisition
- Passion for games and mobile entertainment
- Leadership experience line managing a team and maximizing their potential
- Proven track record of managing and efficiently growing digital acquisition activity
- Experience in identifying, negotiating and evaluating new channels
- Experience in buying and negotiating digital ad buys
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills, as well as understanding customer behaviour, turning data into actionable insights
- Experience of analysing campaign performance data to maximise return on marketing spend
- Strong communication skills
- Self- starter & ability to apply creative thinking to drive innovative solutions for audience growth
- Positive attitude to new approaches and change, being a true team player and a champion for marketing
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects efficiently
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.
Moving to Scotland
Lively cities, historic architecture, world heritage sites, breathtaking landscapes, and countless islands. It’s no surprise that Scotland constantly tops the list for quality of life. Explore this great nation for yourself from the vibrant city of Dundee.
Dundee is at the cutting edge of modern creative industries. The recent opening of the V&A Museum of Design has given rise to international support and funding, turning the waterfront into a social hub filled with bars, restaurants, and creative spaces.
Dundee is home to two Universities constantly developing talent that pushes the bounds of the technology sector. This can be felt nowhere better than Outplay Entertainment’s teams and their devotion to creating quality games.
Outplay is more than just work. You will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, hosts BBQs, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.