We at Outplay Entertainment collect vast amounts of data to shape our games and services so that they become more enjoyable for players and more profitable to our business. Outplay is a fast-paced data-driven business where the Data Science Team plays a central role in informing business decisions through detailed analyses and the provision of data-driven insights.
We are looking to hire a Data Analyst as part of the Insights and Product Management team. Our team explores data, extracts insights and systematically measures the performance of changes to our Games through A/B tests and Multivariate experiments. We also conduct cutting-edge research into how we can leverage our rich data collection to add value to the business.
This role focuses on Data Analysis, Visualisation and Statistical Analysis: What insights can we extract? How do we present the data as clearly as possible? What is the best method to verify or invalidate a hypothesis? Can we predict what players will do next?
You will collaborate closely with the game teams, working together to derive hypotheses for game improvements, design experiments and analyse and extract results and insights to feed into our Live Operations and Product development strategy. You will provide an analytics perspective to discussions and help drive our priorities.
Due to the ever-changing nature of our business and on-going feature developments we expect you liaise with the stakeholders regularly, understand their needs and help to work out the best approach to provide impactful recommendations based on Player and commercial data.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, systematic and curious thinker, who wants to make a difference to the performance and direction of our games.
- Passion for Games and an understanding of the “Free to Play” business model, including commonly used metrics and KPIs.
- Excellent communicator who is able to transform complex Analytical results into actionable insights.
- Ability to understand our business and product goals, identify the data requirements, analyse the collected data and interpret the results to provide the best recommendations for the decision makers.
- Interest or experience in behavioural psychology / economics.
- Expert knowledge of Data Analytics tools, supporting languages (R, Python, etc…), statistical methods (e.g. modelling, clustering and hypothesis testing) and/or mathematical modelling.
- High level of proficiency in Data Visualisation (ideally Tableau)
- Experience writing SQL queries for relational databases is essential.
- Experience using machine learning algorithms for classification and/or prediction in a business setting would be a bonus.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a Data Scientist or Business Analyst, e.g. in the field of Online Business Intelligence / data-driven Product Management or at a F2P Games Company and / or
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science / Maths / Physics (or similar)
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.
Moving to Scotland
Lively cities, historic architecture, world heritage sites, breathtaking landscapes, and countless islands. It’s no surprise that Scotland constantly tops the list for quality of life. Explore this great nation for yourself from the vibrant city of Dundee.
Dundee is at the cutting edge of modern creative industries. The recent opening of the V&A Museum of Design has given rise to international support and funding, turning the waterfront into a social hub filled with bars, restaurants, and creative spaces.
Dundee is home to two Universities constantly developing talent that pushes the bounds of the technology sector. This can be felt nowhere better than Outplay Entertainment’s teams and their devotion to creating quality games.
Outplay is more than just work. You will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, hosts BBQs, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.