We at Outplay Entertainment collect vast amounts of data to shape our games and services so that they become more enjoyable for customers and more profitable to our business. Outplay is a fast-paced data-driven business where the Insights team plays a central role in informing business decisions by providing impactful business intelligence products and dashboards.
The Business Intelligence Specialist is responsible for the strategies and technologies used for data analysis of business information. This includes the design, development, implementation, management and support of BI reporting and ETL processes and environments in cooperation with the DevOps team.
We are seeking a driven individual who will help drive our BI Solutions to the next level.
We need an individual who is a master at providing data visualizations and reporting that leads to business insights. You will work with cross functional teams to gather requirements and business needs to provide the tools for departments to gain those business insights or produce them as needed.
Therefore, you’re not just very analytical but also have excellent interpersonal skills. You’re highly collaborative and focused.
This is an exciting opportunity for a solution driven, systematic and curious thinker, who wants to make a difference to the performance and direction of our games.
- Passion for Games
- High level of proficiency in Data Visualisation (ideally Tableau)
- Expert knowledge of writing SQL queries for relational databases is essential.
- Good knowledge of Data Analytics tools, supporting languages (R, Python, etc…) and a keen interest in Data frameworks like Apache Spark / Databricks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into impactful reports and dashboards
- Broad experience of data modelling and report design and development
- Ability to deliver training sessions and requirements capture workshops
- 2+ Years Business Intelligence/Developer Experience and / or
- University degree or equivalent in the field of business, administration, computer science, physics, maths, finance, or information systems
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK and based in the thriving game's hub of Dundee, Scotland. We create limitless fun for our players with lovingly crafted and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets.
This approach has seen us recognised for a stable of award-winning titles, including Mystery Match, Crafty Candy and Booty Quest. Our portfolio of awesome games is expanding, and we are always on the search for talented and passionate people to help us grow. With over 30 nationalities represented and a diverse range of experience and expertise, our teams thrive off their ability to work at the forefront of the mobile games industry, building or supporting live game experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the world.
The fun and passion injected into our games is reflected in our culture too. Outplay is more than just work. New team members will join a family that has conquered Munros, raced karts, taken on Tough Mudder and Rough Runner, competed in bake-offs, downward dogged, and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
What we can offer
You will have the chance to benefit from our talent initiative, The Outplay Academy - and the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. From mentoring schemes and educational workshops to industry event attendance and guest speakers - we are proud of our dedication to development.
Don’t live in Scotland? We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.
We also offer the following staff benefits:
- Private medical and dental care
- 28 days of holiday (increasing to 33 over 5 years)
- Access to our team discount scheme
- Employee assistance package
- Childcare savings
- EMI Share Option Scheme.
At Outplay, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of Outplay is more than just work – it’s a family.