Are you a creative, systematic and curious thinker who wants to be involved in the games industry? We are looking for QA engineers to join our talented QA team to rigorously and systematically test our games, tools and system applications.
The role will involve creating structured test scripts and test plans, providing clear, accurate feedback to developers and the management team and devising recommendations to improve QA processes and procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity and we are looking for the following attributes in our QA team:
- Experience of software testing – preferably for online and/or mobile gaming titles or a Degree in Game related / Information Technology studies.
- Attention to detail and works to ensure accuracy at all times.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of latest iOS, Android and Kindle Mobile Operating Systems and devices.
- Familiar with bug tracking tools e.g. Bugzilla, Jira and automated test tools, processes and test strategies.
- Ability to analyse projects and determining their testing requirements
- Passion for games of all sorts, genres and platforms
- An understanding and ideally hands-on experience in programming/scripting languages and database queries
- A passion for testing, and an active interest in self-learning
- Experience using and maintaining test cases and their tools e.g. TestRail
- Available to work under pressure in a fast-paced Agile environment
- You have had experience with and seen a project through from concept to completion.
- You are experienced with mobile app submission processes, certification and requirements across all platforms.
- You have experience using 3rd party app distribution tools, e.g. Hockeyapp
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.