We are looking for a skilled 2D Digital Artist to join one of Outplay core projects, Crafty Candy! Working within the established Crafty Candy dev team, your job will be to design and illustrate and as needed animate. You will feed into the ongoing art development and will be key to the delivery of content which will delight and engage our current players and attract and retain new players.
- All round strong digital illustration skills.
- Digital painting skills
- A proven track record of creating clean and modern 2D digital artwork.
- Strong working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite apps. ( in particular Photoshop and Illustrator )
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas visually.
- Can create high quality, on-brand game assets.
- Can work with pre-existing game assets to create Banners, Pop-ups and event visuals
- Great eye for composition, colour, lighting, and perspective.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work to direction and under your own initiative.
- A strong Portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required.
- Good 2D animation knowledge with referable examples
- Knowledge of UI construction for apps and mobile games
- Visual effects skills ( animation and/or design )
- Prop and environment 3D modelling skills ( Maya )
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.
Moving to Scotland
Lively cities, historic architecture, world heritage sites, breathtaking landscapes, and countless islands. It’s no surprise that Scotland constantly tops the list for quality of life. Explore this great nation for yourself from the vibrant city of Dundee.
Dundee is at the cutting edge of modern creative industries. The recent opening of the V&A Museum of Design has given rise to international support and funding, turning the waterfront into a social hub filled with bars, restaurants, and creative spaces.
Dundee is home to two Universities constantly developing talent that pushes the bounds of the technology sector. This can be felt nowhere better than Outplay Entertainment’s teams and their devotion to creating quality games.
Outplay is more than just work. You will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, hosts BBQs, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.