We are looking for ambitious software engineers with a focus on data, data lakes, ETL, and ML/AI using the latest serverless computing approaches.
Our existing systems are built on top of Amazon AWS using Redshift and PostgreSQL, as well as S3 as our data lake utilising serverless compute to manage. We are currently migrating to EMR as well as Kinesis to improve performance on critical processes.
We have a lot of exciting challenges to come, the candidate will join us at a crucial time allowing them to have a huge impact on the direction of the data infrastructure and processes for the company.
We are interested in hearing from software engineers with experience and desire to develop cutting edge data solutions. They will dedicate their time to the Insights and Analytics team and work alongside other experienced and engaged DevOps engineers within the company to design, implement, and manage our data platform. They will work with the team to gather requirements from across the company to ensure that our data platform continues to deliver meaningful insight so that everyone can make the best-informed decisions.
This is a great opportunity to have a meaningful impact in a dynamic company whilst at the same time offering a lot of room to develop skills and experience with some of the newest software and data practices and solutions.
- Proven experience of at least one of the following programming languages:
- Python (preferred)
- Experience with serverless infrastructure
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs
- Know-how in data warehouse/business intelligence applications and technologies
- Experience with AWS tools including Redshift and EMR
- A keen interest in data lake technologies and patterns
- Knowledge of database administration, both SQL and NoSQL
- A keen interest in data analytics and insights
- A professional interest in DevOps and DataOps
- Ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining high quality
- Experience in project planning and design, requirements and systems analysis, and results in documentation and defect tracking
- Experience in agile development lifecycle
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Pragmatic and “can do” attitude
- Can clearly communicate with Platform, Analytics, Marketing, and Finance teams
- A proactive approach to gathering and consolidating relevant information for stakeholders
- Good use of the English language and excellent communication skills
Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK specialising in fun, lovingly crafted, and innovative games for mobile phones and tablets. Based in Dundee, Scotland, we boast a large and diverse team from over 30 nations – with an ever-expanding portfolio of games in development, we’re always on the lookout for fresh new talent.
As a leading mobile developer, Outplay offers candidates an opportunity to work at the forefront of the industry, creating world-class games with a global audience and international recognition.
Our talent development initiative, The Outplay Academy, enables you to acquire new skills and grow alongside the business. As part of the Academy, we offer mentoring schemes, educational workshops, the opportunity to attend industry events and host guest speakers for our teams and the local developer community.
Moving to Scotland
Lively cities, historic architecture, world heritage sites, breathtaking landscapes, and countless islands. It’s no surprise that Scotland constantly tops the list for quality of life. Explore this great nation for yourself from the vibrant city of Dundee.
Dundee is at the cutting edge of modern creative industries. The recent opening of the V&A Museum of Design has given rise to international support and funding, turning the waterfront into a social hub filled with bars, restaurants, and creative spaces.
Dundee is home to two Universities constantly developing talent that pushes the bounds of the technology sector. This can be felt nowhere better than Outplay Entertainment’s teams and their devotion to creating quality games.
Outplay is more than just work. You will be joining a family that has climbed Munros, hosts BBQs, taken on the Tough Mudder challenge and even ventured to the wilds of Scotland together.
We know starting afresh can be challenging. From your first arrival to moving into your new home, our bespoke relocation package covers every aspect of settling into a new country. With our help, you’ll be calling Scotland home in no time.