At EightPixelsSquare we collect vast amounts of data to shape our games and services so that they become more enjoyable for customers and more profitable for our business. We are a fast-paced data-driven business where our group Data Science Team plays a central role in informing business decisions through detailed analysis and the provision of data-driven insights.
We are looking to hire an experienced Games Analyst. Our team explores data, extracts insights and systematically measures the performance of changes to our Games through A/B tests and Multivariate experiments. We also conduct cutting-edge research into how we can leverage our rich data collection to add value to the business.
This role focuses on Data Analysis, Visualisation and Statistical Analysis: What insights can we extract? How do we present the data as clearly as possible? What is the best method to verify or invalidate a hypothesis? Can we predict what players will do next?
Embedded within our game team, you will provide an analytics perspective to discussions and help drive our priorities. You will be on point for developing a game-specific analysis strategy and advise on Experiment / Event and special Offers design.
Due to the ever-changing nature of our business and on-going feature developments we expect you liaise with the stakeholders regularly, understand their needs and help to work out the best approach to provide impactful recommendations based on Player and Financial data.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, systematic and curious thinker, who wants to make a difference to the performance and direction of our games.
The skills and expertise we are looking for are:
- Passion for Games and an understanding of the “Free to Play” business model, including commonly used metrics and KPIs.
- Excellent communicator who is able to transform complex Analytical results into actionable insights for an often non-technical audience.
- Ability to understand our business and product goals, identify the data requirements, analyse the collected data and interpret the results to provide the best recommendations for the decision makers.
- Interest or experience in behavioural psychology / economics.
- Expert knowledge of Data Analytics tools, supporting languages (R, Python, etc…), statistical methods (e.g. modelling, clustering and hypothesis testing) and/or mathematical modelling.
- High level of proficiency in Data Visualisation.
- Experience writing SQL queries for relational databases is essential.
- Experience using machine learning algorithms for classification and/or prediction in a business setting would be a bonus.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a Data Scientist or Business Analyst, e.g. in the field of Online Business Intelligence / data driven Product Management or at a F2P Games Company
- Postgraduate degree in Computer Science / Maths / Physics (or similar)
Part of the Outplay group, EightPixelsSquare is a dynamic and cutting-edge games studio based in Derbyshire, on the edge of the stunning peak district national park.
EightPixelsSquare comprises of an elite team of veteran game developers. Over 15 million players worldwide enjoy EightPixelsSquare's catalogue of games across iOS and Android platforms. The studio’s focus is on creating engaging and high quality free-to-play games for mobile devices.