We are looking for a highly talented Character/Concept Artist to join our ambitious Art team.
The opportunity here at Outplay will let you work on a driven project team where you will apply your creative art skills and flair to create fun, addictive games with visually compelling and distinctive designs.
The role will work with the Art Leads and Designers to create high-quality concepts, characters, creatures and props
The ideal candidate is able to create conceptual designs that are both visually strong while also supporting the gameplay and narrative needs.
We are looking for experienced Artists who possess the knowledge of the design process through the creation of thumbnail, sketches, painting, model sheets, and production paintings.
- High quality portfolio demonstrating amazing character/prop designs
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of character design and demonstrate a strong sense of anatomy (human, animal and monster), silhouette, costume design
- Capacity to create model sheets and expression sheets which sell the personality of their creations
- Expert in the use of Photoshop and or comparable software rendering techniques.
- Has experience taking designs from initial inception through to their final execution.
- Capable of working in an established art style and also contribute to conceptual art
- Great communication skills and excels at working in a highly collaborative team atmosphere.
- Must have relevant industry experience from TV/Films/Games industries
- Bachelor degree of equivalent training or skill set
- Art test may be required to establish suitability to project
- Knowledge of 3d modelling process and how their designs will be interpreted
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Scotland, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 100 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and received a BAFTA nomination. Most recently the studio won the TIGA 2017 Best Strategy Game for Castle Creeps TD and was recognised as one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our team of talented and dynamic Outplayers have so far developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. With an exciting pipeline of future games and continued growth within the studio, Outplay can offer fantastic opportunities in a great working environment to continue your career development.