We are currently looking for a Head of UI to join our team in Derby to lead in the creative direction and creation of attractive/functional and intuitive UI designs and illustrations across multiple platforms.
Working with the studios Artists and Designers you will guide the team to produce fun, visually appealing and easy to use UI/UX for our current portfolio of games and our up-coming titles.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Strong graphic design skills
- Illustration skills
- Referable track record in UI/UX design
- Creating streamlined user experience for mobile
- Awareness of current trends and competitor products
- Relevant Industry experience creating UI for mobile
- Strong working knowledge of current game making/UI development processes
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator (Adobe CC software in general)
- Ability to work in a variety of styles essential and attention to detail is a must
- Ability to quickly learn in-house tools and help improve upon pipeline
- Excellent communication skills
- Unity Experience
- Adobe Flash
- Branding and Logo design
- Good understanding of Iconography (specific to mobile/Facebook)
- Understanding use of Fonts
Part of the Outplay group, EightPixelsSquare is a dynamic and cutting-edge games studio based in Derbyshire, on the edge of the stunning peak district national park.
EightPixelsSquare comprises of an elite team of veteran game developers. Over 15 million players worldwide enjoy EightPixelsSquare's catalogue of games across iOS and Android platforms. The studio’s focus is on creating engaging and high quality free-to-play games for mobile devices.
At EightPixelsSquare, our mission is to create limitless fun for everyone who plays our games, and we value every individual that helps make that goal a reality. We are committed to remaining an equal opportunities employer and provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for everyone who works here irrespective of age, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, gender identity and expression, physical appearance, body size, and sexual orientation. All our employees are treated with dignity and respect, because being part of our team is more than just work – it’s a family.