We at Outplay Entertainment collect vast amounts of data to shape our games and services so that they become more enjoyable for customers and more profitable to our business. Outplay is a fast-paced data-driven business where the Data Science Team plays a central role in informing business decisions through detailed analyses and the provision of data-driven insights.
In order to expand our team, we are looking to hire a Junior Games Analyst. Our team explores data, extracts insights and systematically measures the performance of changes to our Games through A/B tests and Multivariate experiments. We also conduct cutting-edge research into how we can leverage our rich data collection to add value to the business.
This role focuses on Data Analysis, Visualisation and Statistical Analysis: What insights can we extract? How do we present the data as clearly as possible? What is the best method to verify or invalidate a hypothesis? Can we predict what players will do next?
Embedded within the game teams, you will provide an analytics perspective to discussions and help drive our priorities. You will be on point for developing a game specific analysis strategy and advise on Experiment / Event and special Offers design.
Due to the ever-changing nature of our business and on-going feature developments we expect you liaise with the stakeholders regularly, understand their needs and help to work out the best approach to provide impactful recommendations based on Player and Financial data.
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, systematic and curious thinker, who wants to make a difference to the performance and direction of our games.
The skills and expertise we are looking for are:
- Passion for Games and an understanding of the “Free to Play” business model, including commonly used metrics and KPIs.
- Excellent communicator who is able to transform complex Analytical results into actionable insights for an often non-technical audience.
- Ability to understand our business and product goals, identify the data requirements, analyse the collected data and interpret the results to provide the best recommendations for the decision makers.
- Interest or experience in behavioural psychology / economics.
- Knowledge of Data Analytics tools, supporting languages (R, Python, etc…), statistical methods (e.g. modelling, clustering and hypothesis testing) and/or mathematical modelling.
- Experience writing SQL queries for relational databases would be beneficial.
- Experience using machine learning algorithms for classification and/or prediction in a business setting would be a bonus.
- Degree in Computer Science / Maths / Physics (or similar)
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Scotland, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 100 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and received a BAFTA nomination. Most recently the studio won the TIGA 2017 Best Strategy Game for Castle Creeps TD and was recognised as one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our team of talented and dynamic Outplayers have so far developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. With an exciting pipeline of future games and continued growth within the studio, Outplay can offer fantastic opportunities in a great working environment to continue your career development.