Outplays games are fun to play and how they sound is a vital part of the overall experience our players enjoy. We are hiring for an experienced Audio Designer to cover for our current Audio Designer from August 2018. This is a full time temporary post to cover maternity leave.
The Audio Designer will help establish the direction and manage the creation, review, and integration of audio into all of our current and future games and promotional material. Managing all areas of our audio requirements, the right candidate will be responsible for both creating music and sound effects and also directing our outsource providers.
- Experience providing and setting audio direction
- Experience creating sound effects using custom recordings and library material to generate highly original, quality audio
- Experience using Fabric and other audio middleware and custom built audio implementation solutions
- High level of ability and familiarity with DAWs such as Reaper, Pro Tools, Sound Forge and plugins such as Waves etc. to produce solid, cutting edge sound design
- Working knowledge of Unity
- Experience with scripting/coding, or other relevant experience with the integration and balancing of audio in games
- Production of linear audio for cinematics and other promotional material
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Scotland, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 100 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and received a BAFTA nomination. Most recently the studio won the TIGA 2017 Best Strategy Game for Castle Creeps TD and was recognised as one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our team of talented and dynamic Outplayers have so far developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. With an exciting pipeline of future games and continued growth within the studio, Outplay can offer fantastic opportunities in a great working environment to continue your career development.