At Outplay, we make award-winning games that are great fun and look amazing. We want all our games to reach as wide an audience as possible and to do this they need to be beautiful and easy to understand.
If you have the passion for mobile games to match ours we can offer you an exciting opportunity in our Dundee studio working on titles that are played by millions of people each day.
As a Senior UI Artist you will be creating attractive and intuitive UI designs and illustrations across multiple platforms and a wide range of Outplay games for our current portfolio of games and our up-coming titles
- Graphic design & illustration skills that can hit the Outplay standard
- Understanding of visual appeal
- Experience of UI/UX design and implementation for mobile games and/or mobile & Facebook
- Great knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator (Adobe CC software in general)
- Awareness, experience, and enthusiasm for current game making/UI development processes
- Knowledge of Unity for creating new interfaces and flows would be a great advantage
- A fast learner! Especially with:
- Proprietary tools and pipelines
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for mobile gaming
Areas of delivery
- Creation of new interfaces from conception through to completion
- Creation of mock-ups, user flow diagrams, and interactive prototypes to convey complex interactions
- Working with your team, owning responsibility for interfaces and contributing to successful delivery.
- Working with Design to translate user requirements into full-fledged user experiences
- Implementation of final UI into game
- Follow style guides and Outplay standards to ensure all interfaces meet the right level of quality across the project.
- Ensure that the core user experience of the project is smooth and looks great.
- Helping to set the tone of our UI/UX strategy in our current games and future games to make sure that Outplay games are always offering the best experience.
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 100 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and received a BAFTA nomination. Most recently the studio won the TIGA 2017 Best Strategy Game for Castle Creeps TD and was recognised as one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team have developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games Outplay is just getting started.