As a Senior Designer, you will be tasked with pushing the boundaries of our games, constantly on the lookout to innovate and iterate on successful ideas. You will be joining a team that strives for excellence and as such you will be expected to cultivate, support and lead the design aspect for the project
We are currently hiring an experienced Senior Game Designer who has been involved in games from concept to production and has a vision for where the mobile phone games industry may lead in the future.
We are looking for passionate candidates who can contribute to and direct the vision for our new games. You should have experience developing game play and meta game systems, be able to bring innovation and creativity to the project you are working and be aware of the impact design can have on the key performance indicators (KPI’s) of the product including our ability to sell the product, retain players and monetize players who are engaged with our titles.
Working with key stakeholders you will be expected to drive our latest games forward as they find the “special sauce” that will make the game stand out and rise above the rest, this will include exploring opportunities in different genres and prototyping unique mechanics whilst also having a good eye for the quality and polish that will ensure the game is world class!
Key qualities and experience we are looking for:
- Driven to establish and champion a stand out creative vision for our games in collaboration with the team.
- Experienced in mobile and free-to-play game design with a passion for evolving and innovating the user experience to entertain, retain, and engage players.
- Understands importance of player data analysis and able to propose and implement feature and content changes to improve a game’s key performance indicators.
- Takes pride in the craft of making exceptional games and embraces the responsibility for pushing the quality and success of each game and motivates the team accordingly.
- Willing to impart their knowledge and mentor new designers to help them grow in to Design legends.
- Appreciates that the team’s and company’s success is determined by the timely delivery of exceptional, optimised games and game updates and is committed to achieving each product goal accordingly.
- Actively researches and keeps up to date with new games, industry and market trends, platform and OS changes, and best practices with a view to improve existing games and help innovate with future games.
Founded in 2010 and based in Dundee, Scotland, Outplay Entertainment is the largest independent mobile developer in the UK.
To date, the studio’s games have received over 100 million downloads, have been featured multiple times as Apple’s Editors’ Choice and received a BAFTA nomination. Most recently the studio won the TIGA 2017 Best Strategy Game for Castle Creeps TD and was recognised as one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK.
With a passionate focus on making the best games, our talented and dynamic team have developed several critically acclaimed and award-winning games. With an exciting pipeline of future titles in development and continued growth on our existing games Outplay is just getting started.